Six acres of ordered splendour lie within the abbey’s walled garden, which is planted entirely with varieties from the Victorian era and divided in two by a mountain stream. The eastern half includes a formal flower garden, plus restored glasshouses, a bothy and head gardener’s house. In the western half you’ll find one of Ireland’s longest herbaceous borders, as well as a large vegetable garden, fruit trees and a herb garden.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Single visitor discount: 10%
- Card valid for the whole property
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- 2-for-1 tickets can only be purchased on site
- Ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card on arrival
Days & times vary - see website
Adults €15, seniors €11, under-16s free. Booking may be required – see website