This innovative one-acre garden is divided by yew and beech hedges into a series of smaller gardens. From the formality of the herb garden with its topiary, to the dell with its half-hidden paths and stream, each area has an intimacy and charm all of its own. Traditional materials are used with great creativity throughout.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at York Gate
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Card valid only during above dates
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- Please book a timed slot here for your visit and payment will be taken on arrival
- Ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card on arrival to validate your booking
Open 1 Apr-31 Oct, Wed-Sun, 11am-4.30pm
Adults & seniors £7, under-16s free. Booking essential – see website