Created in the 18th century, these five acres of formal gardens, warmed by the Gulf Stream, stand in stark contrast to the surrounding barren moorland and are home to a rich array of plants. From the water garden with its ornate bridges, to the walled garden with its colourful herbaceous borders, waterlily pond and pergola, there is plenty to enjoy from spring to autumn. You can also follow trails through the woodland, with its pools and waterfalls.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Dunvegan Castle Gardens
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Card valid for castle & gardens ticket only
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- 2-for-1 visitors can only purchase tickets at the door from the ticket kiosk
- Ensure you have your 2-for-1 Card on arrival to validate your booking
Open 1 Apr-15 Oct, daily, 10am-5.30pm
Adults £14, seniors £11, children (5-15) £9. Booking may be required – see website