Below the palace lies a garden of vibrant borders and unusual shrubs and trees. Designed by Percy Cane between 1947 and 1952, this is the only known complete example of Cane’s work left in Scotland. In the small herb garden, look out for the fascinating information on the plants’ traditional medicinal uses.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Falkland Palace & Garden
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Card valid for the whole property. Card not valid on event days – check before setting off
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- Book 1 non-member and 1 member ticket online. Ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card on arrival to validate your booking
- Visit the ‘Planning Your Visit’ section on the garden website for up-to-date visiting information
For up-to-date opening details & prices, see website
Booking may be required – see website