In styles from romantic to picturesque, gardenesque to contemporary, these idyllic gardens are laid out around the 12th-century palace and medieval ruins. They feature ancient springs, well pools, an arboretum, waterfall and moat, magnificent trees and luxuriant planting. New features include a winter border and traditional-style knot garden.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at The Bishop’s Palace & Gardens
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Single visitor discount: 20%
- Card valid for the whole property. Card not valid on event days – phone or see website for details
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- 2-for-1 tickets can only be purchased on the door at the ticket office
Open all year, daily, 10am-6pm (4pm Oct-Apr)
Adults & seniors £15, children (5-18) £7.50. Booking may be required – see website