Beautiful, tranquil and harmonious, this oriental garden is a haven of calm, designed for relaxation and contemplation. The carefully placed, shaped and tended plants include Japanese maples, mature azaleas, flowering cherries, bamboos, lilies and oak trees. These are combined with traditional elements and ornaments, such as rocks, water, bridges, bonsai and stone lanterns, to bring out the beauty of nature and create serenity and balance.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at The Japanese Garden
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Single visitor discount: £1
- Card not valid on 16 & 17 May
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- Book 2 tickets online (selecting only 1 additional person) and show your 2-for-1 Card on arrival to validate your booking
Open 1 Mar-31 Oct, daily, 10am-6pm
Adults £5, seniors £4.50, under-16s £2.50. Booking essential – see website