It’s easy to make this table centrepiece and a local florist or flower market will help if you can’t source all the ingredients in your garden. Mix and match the ingredients we’ve used for whatever greenery you have growing in your garden.
More Christmas ideas:
- How to make a Christmas wreath
- How to make rosehip Christmas decorations
- How to make a mistletoe swag
- Christmas plants and flowers
Follow these steps to find out how to make your own Christmas table centrepiece.
You Will Need
- Foliage with berries
- Velvet ribbon
- White napkins
- White hellebores
- White kalanchoe
- Butcher’s broom (Ruscus aculeatus)
- Asparagus Fern (Asparagus setaceus)
- Sphagnum moss (ethically sourced)
- Container with no drainage holes
- Candles and holders
- Lengths of ivy
- Blue spruce branches or noble fir
- Brass wreath ring
- Low VOC gold spray paint
Using a spray paint that has low levels of VOCs (as this is better for the environment) spray gold paint onto sprigs of ivy with berries (do it somewhere well ventilated). Leave to dry overnight.
Attach ribbon round folded napkins, securing with tape at the back. Place the sprayed ivy as shown.
- Add cuttings of ivy and other greenery to your table for a rustic yet elegant look
- Create a green, gold and white theme with white candles and bronze details
- Hellebores can be planted out in the garden after Christmas
- Kalanchoe make long-lasting house plants