You Will Need
- Sempervivum ruthenicum (3)
- Sedum spathulifolium (2)
- Sedum spurium (6)
- Sempervivum ciliosum (3)
- Sedum reflexum 'Yellow Cushion' (4)
- Sedum hispanicum 'Blue Carpet' (5)
- Sphagnum moss (ethically sourced)
- Floristry wire or string
- Flat wire wreath frame (30cm diameter)
Dampen the moss, and then attach small rolls of it to the wreath frame using binding wire wrapped through and round the frame. This will help keep the roots of your succulents moist.
Knock each plant from its pot and tease off the loose compost from its roots. Carefully flatten the rootball between your palms and place the plants in an attractive arrangement around the wreath.
Use binding wire to attach the rootball of each plant to the moss-covered frame, taking care with the stems. Make a wire loop and hang in a sheltered spot where it won’t swing around.