Can any one of us really make a difference in a world where climate change is reaching into every part of our lives? Arit Anderson, garden designer and Gardeners’ World presenter, passionately believes that sustainable gardening is a force for good – and that we should all be gardening with the planet in mind. She’s been passionate about championing sustainability since creating her pioneering show garden that highlighted these issues back in 2016.
From nourishing our soil to creating compost, conserving water to choosing the right plants, Arit believes that gardening and good garden design benefit our environment, and that just a few small steps by all of us could bring positive change. She shares with us some practical solutions as well as her inspirations and vision for the future.
Listen now to this fascinating discussion between Arit Anderson and Lucy Hall, editor at BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine:
Special podcast subscription offer
Try BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine with this special introductory offer: 3 issues for only £5 – saving 71%! Find out more
Find out more
- Arit’s investigations into peat for Gardeners’ World TV programme part 1
- Arit’s investigations into peat for Gardeners’ World TV programme part 2
- Arit’s show garden at Hampton in 2016: Gardening in a changing climate
- How to design a garden
- Key plants for a climate change garden
- Plant Finder
- RHS – Gardening in a changing world
- RHS – Gardening in a Changing Climate report
- RHS – Water use in gardens
- Garden Organic – Managing your soil
- Garden Organic – Going peat free
- Soil Association – 10 soil facts
Terms and conditions
After your first 3 issues for £5, paid via Direct Debit, you will automatically pay £27.60 every 6 issues, still saving 20%. You can cancel your subscription at any time. We reserve the right to reject or cancel subscriptions at any point if the customer has previously cancelled their subscription during the trial period for that magazine or any other magazine in the Immediate Media portfolio.