BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine podcast – Season 2, Episode 1
Many of us reconnected with our gardens and the outdoors over the last year, turning our attention to the natural world to help us deal with the global pandemic. And through it we discovered ways to welcome in more wildlife – but could we do more?
We talk to naturalist and television presenter Chris Packham about how his garden helped him through lockdown, and whether his relationship with it has changed over the last year. He reveals not only how his own green space has helped him mentally as well as physically, but also how he’s been turning it into a backdoor nature reserve – prompting the arrival of an unusual guest with curious tastes!
Listen now to this fascinating discussion between Chris Packham and Kate Bradbury, wildlife editor at BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine:
Get your first 3 issues for £5 with a special introductory offer, or you can receive 6 issues for £26 and we’ll send you a copy of Monty Don’s The Complete Gardener.* Find out more
Find out more
- Chris Packham’s website
- Springwatch home page
- Springwatch video ‘Out to lunch with Chris and Megs’
- Springwatch video ‘A back garden insect safari’
- Put Pollinators First campaign
- How to create a mini wildflower meadow
- Kate shows you how to make a bee hotel
- How to make your own bird box
- How to make a wildlife pond
Terms and conditions
* Please note that Monty Don’s The Complete Gardener is only available for new UK subscribers paying £26 every 6 issues via Direct Debit; this offer ends on 30 April. 3 issues for £5 is an introductory offer and does not include The Complete Gardener. We reserve the right to reject or cancel subscriptions at any point if the customer has previously cancelled their subscription during the trial period for that magazine or any other magazine in the Immediate Media portfolio.